Our terms and conditions
All written communications between the client and Go West ltd advance via e-mail. It also applies to issue of invoice.
Booking and prices
Tours and services can be ordered via e-mail and telephone. Usually within a week, a confirmation will be sent back to the customer in e-mail in the form of an invoice. It is the customer's responsibility to ensure that information of the invoice is correct. What is included in the price will be quoted on the invoice. Prices are listed either in Euros or in IS kr.
What is included is usually stated in the description of each tour on our website.
Food and drinks throughout the day includes breakfast, packed lunch (something everybody makes for them selves at the breakfast table, usually two sandwiches and fruit), coffee or tea on thermos and dinner at the end of the day. Accommodation and rental of bicycles is included unless otherwise specified in the tour description.
Any special needs should be requested at the time of booking. Please note that provision of special requests cannot be guaranteed but Go West will make efforts to ensure special requirements wherever possible.
Confirmation of booking will be sent out in the form of 2 bills:
- One of deposit that is 10% of the total trip cost.
- The second is for the rest to be paid no later than 5 weeks before the trip departure.
If the reservation is made later than 5 weeks before
departure, it issued only one invoice for the full amount, including the 10%
INSTRUCTION FOR INTERNATIONAL PAYMENTS TO:
- Beneficiary: Go West
- Beneficiary's account: IS06 0315 2606 1090 61090913 20
- Beneficiary's Bank: Arion Bank hf.
- Swift: ESJAISRE
- (Arion's correspondence bank for EUR is Swift: CHASDEFX )
Payments must be made by bank transfer accompanied by the Go West Booking Reference number. All costs of transmitting payment
to Go West must be borne by the sender. Go West will not accept any charges
incurred by the sender.
If cancelled, which must be in writing, the customer may be refunded by the following rules:
- Cancellation within 8 weeks before departure retained 50% of the deposit paid as management fees.
- Cancellation between 8 and 5 weeks before departure refunded everything beyond 10% deposit.
- Cancellation between 5 and 2 weeks before departure refunded 75% of the total trip cost.
- Cancellation between 2 weeks and 3 days before departure refunded 50% of the total trip cost.
- Cancellation later than 3 days before departure, or if the customer does not show up, Go West can keep the entire amount.
If tours are annulled
it is usually because the number of participants is too low. The minimum of participants in each tour is 10 persons. Cancellation of trips must take place no later than 4 weeks before departure. If the customer does not want to spend the amount paid for another trip with Go West, the paid amount will be refunded (minus admin.charge). If it appears that the trips are cancelled because of events outside of Go West's control, they can be cancelled with a shorter or longer notice than 4 weeks before departure.
We encourage everyone to draw their own travel and cancellation insurance. It is wise to check whether you already have div. assurances included in your house and home insurance or credit card (VISA, MASTER, etc.).
If a customer chooses another accommodation than what is described in the itinerary it must be ordered and paid separately. The standard of our accommodation can vary from a cosy decorated outhouse to a hotel room with separate toilet and shower.
Go West takes subject to minor changes in the program. It can apply to the choice of dates, places to eat, routes, etc. Any changes will not reduce the quality of the tours. It can also occur changes in prices and conditions as a result of currency fluctuations or taxes and fees that are difficult to predict.
(Last Update: 15.01.2013)